Releasing, Remembering, Reclaiming
Yoga Therapy Sessions
Ancient practices with a modern perspective
A Yoga Therapy session involves an initial assessment to understand your individual needs. This includes sensitive questioning about your body, mind, emotions and energy, as well as a physical assessment to explore any present problems, restrictions in movement, pains or discomforts.
The ancient practice of Yoga has many wonderful holistic teachings and ways that can be drawn upon. These bring extraordinary benefits when practised regularly and over time, supporting positive health and well-being from a modern-day perspective.
“Health is wealth. Peace of mind is happiness. Yoga shows the way.”
Yoga Therapy can help with the following:
- Stress, anxiety, overwhelm.
- Pain and or injury anywhere in the body to help support, heal and rehabilitate e.g. back, neck, shoulders.
- Auto-immune diseases.
- Breathing and lung issues such as Asthma, Bronchiectasis and COPD.
- Joint problems, e.g. Arthritis, Hypermobility and connective tissue disorders.
- Depression and mental health issues.
- Neurological problems; Cerebral palsy, Multiple Sclerosis.
- Chronic Fatigue and M.E.
- For building general strength, flexibility, stamina, balance and co-ordination.
- Life transitions.
Together we will explore your short and long-term goals and create an appropriate, individualised Yoga Therapy treatment plan.
Sessions may include the following and these may also be part of a home program
- A guided Yoga posture practice created specifically for your individual needs.
- Bodywork to help release restrictions or painful areas of the body.
- Cranio-Sacral Therapy for releasing tensions, stress and anxiety.
- Guided meditation and body awareness practices.
- Breath and breathing support; understanding how to breathe properly and maximise lung capacity.
- Guidance with different appropriate breathing practices and pranayamas.
- Learning how to practice self-healing techniques at home.
- Yoga Nidra and deep resting techniques.
For more information about the style of yoga please go to "Suzy's Approach To Yoga"
I have over 20 years’ experience of working with people combing yoga practices and Physiotherapy techniques.
Physiotherapy & Treatments Costs: Sessions are on a sliding scale of £60 - £80
The sliding scale can be tailored to your financial circumstances, please feel free to discuss with me prior to or at your initial session.